Friday, June 15, 2018

Hallway details and props

I have been busy finishing details on hallway wainscot and marble bases. This is a very tedious task, and takes a while. I may make a video of all the steps required. This is the finished product, though:



To break the tedium of doing the trim work, I created some props in Blender. The wire on the phone is my first successful use of curves in Blender. Curves make it tons easier! (video tutorial at https://youtu.be/jmzXqjEdF0E




More items for the main office, including file cabinets and the 1869 map of Urbana: 



Period appropriate US coins (after an afternoon of research into currency available in 1914):


A desk fan based on a 1909 model (also using curves for the guard on the front). The animation is triggered when the player enters the room:


I decided I did not like how the "murals" looked in the Gallery, so I replaced them with embossed Tudor-inspired wallpaper, and updated the greeting panel to match:




No comments:

Post a Comment