Thursday, March 22, 2018

December 2017

I took a few weeks break from the project for December concert season. I had enough time to model a roll-top desk. 



I used a YouTube tutorial (https://youtu.be/U_DY1lmHbLc) to create a menu system. This is the main menu. It's not evident from this still screenshot, but the background fades in, and the text washes down the screen. 



To add a sense of environment, I added foley sound effects when the player walks throughout the level. I used the tutorial at http://www.franbo.uk/2015/12/16/unreal-engine-player-footstep-audio/. The sound changes based on the surface type. The screenshots below show the programming to create the footstep sound based on the material and a random selection of specific sound samples for each cue. 



As a means to experiment with UE4 and practice modeling, I started work on a digital gallery to incorporate the source images into the actual project. I wanted it to look like a tudor hall, so I used real world designs as a basis. I also reused some assets I created for the actual school. 


Winter break started, and gave me a lot of free time to work on the project. I decided to use this time to finish up some more of the main entrance, starting with the tower quoins (stonework on the corners). 

The windows on the tower:

Tracing the lettering over the main entrance

 

Replaced the temporary steps with proportionally correct steps. 

Finished up modeling the proscenium, including the details on the sides. 


Added steps for the auditorium fire escapes, including the doors on the rear of the building.



Finally, here is the nearly complete arch on the main entrance. 







No comments:

Post a Comment