Thursday, March 22, 2018

January 2018

Happy new year! I was still on winter break for the beginning of January, so I had lots of time to work on the project. 

I started with the teaser in the auditorium. I used a photo of the Choir from the 1923 Rosemary to create a decal texture that goes directly on the static mesh. 




Again, I have no photographic evidence of the colors, so this is another occasion for artistic licence. 

The upper windows on the tower were a lot easier to model than the lower windows. 



I redid the north entrance arch, along with incorporating the leaded glass transom: 


Spent some time on the tower stairs, including correcting the arch over the entrance, and the correct railings: 



Instead of tracing over the letters (as I did with the main entrance), I used a font for the lettering on the scrolls. The scrolls themselves, as well as the stone books, were modeled by hand. 



Copper drainpipes: 


Rooftop penthouse vent: 




Ground floor windows: 



Windowsill in the biology window: 



Bicycle shelter:


Taking a break from the main building, I added the source photos to the gallery:



Turing attention back to the auditorium, I remodeled the wainscot based on the 1923 choir photo (see the photo at the top of this post). 




The stage was originally much smaller because there were dressing rooms in the wings. Both had a window, a sink, and water closet. This is the girls' dressing room, with a large portion occupied by the smoke stack: 



I modeled chairs and a table for the formal dining room:



I finished up the details for the gallery by adding a garden (sculptures are from Epic's Inifinity Blade GrassLands free pack) and completing the ceiling according to the Beddington Hall diagrams:






I added a room with exactly enough niches to display the original Royer blueprints (reusing the easels created earlier):


Finally, I added a balcony overlooking the ocean (again, the sculpture is from Epic's free Infinity Blade pack): 




No comments:

Post a Comment