Monday, July 23, 2018

Minor details

I have been working on some minor details while preparing to work on the 1918 gymnasium addition. 

The small window in the principal's office (also mirrored in the superintendent's office):



While it may seem insignificant, I completed the two bands of stone trim that go around the perimeter of the building. This was hastened by the use of world-aligned textures (no re-scaling of meshes needed!):




The rear of the building used to have brick ornaments. These are now hidden by the various additions, but one is still visible in the scene shop, behind the auditorium:


Brick ornament on rear of 1914 building, hidden by 1986 addition

Brick ornament, hidden no more!

I used Blender to trace the words "gymnasium" from a photo of the gym addition:






More on the Gym addition soon!

Finally, I added the brick sills that belong to the windows in the basement hallway. In terms of how these looked, I only have my personal memory as a guide, as they have all been removed through various renovations. 



No comments:

Post a Comment